The objective of The Society (as stated in the Letter of Incorporation) is the furtherance of the science of well log interpretation, by:
- Providing regular meetings with discussion of subjects relating thereto; and
- Encouraging research and study with respect thereto
Active membership is open to those within the oil and gas industries whose work is primarily well log interpretation or those who have a genuine interest in formation evaluation and wish to increase their knowledge of logging methods.
The CWLS fiscal year commences March 1, and all fees are due at this time. Fees are as follows:
Initiation Fee (including first year’s membership fees): $50.00
Annual Dues: $40.00
Student and Senior Members (no initiation fee): $20.00
The Society also furthers its objectives by sponsoring symposiums and exhibits.
- Research committees encourage and support research on relevant problems.
- The Society is the spokesman to industry and government on topics pertaining to well logging and formation evaluation.
- The Society holds a monthly luncheon meeting (except July / August) to hear an address on a relevant topics.
- Each active member will automatically receive the CWLS Journal, ‘InSite’ newsletter and Annual Report.