The objective of The Society (as stated in the Letter of Incorporation) is the furtherance of the science of well log interpretation, by:
- Providing regular meetings with discussion of subjects relating thereto; and
- Encouraging research and study with respect thereto
Active membership is open to those within the oil and gas industries whose work is primarily well log interpretation or those who have a genuine interest in formation evaluation and wish to increase their knowledge of logging methods. The CWLS fiscal year commences March 1, and all fees are due at this time.
|First Year: $50 (includes first year dues and $10 initiation fee)|
|$40 Annual renewal thereafter.|
Senior membership is available to current and former CWLS members who have supported this Society, through their membership, for a number of years and now may have either retired or taken a less active professional role. We would like to say thank-you for your years of service by extending you an offer of a reduced yearly fee of $20 (no re-initiation fee). We hope that you continue to remain active in the CWLS. Please contact either the office 403-269-9366 or a member of the Executive Committee to receive assistance in updating the type of your membership.
The Society also furthers its objectives by sponsoring symposiums and exhibits.
- Research committees encourage and support research on relevant problems.
- The Society is the spokesman to industry and government on topics pertaining to well logging and formation evaluation.
- The Society holds a monthly luncheon meeting (except July / August) to hear an address on a relevant topics.
- Each active member will automatically receive the CWLS Journal, ‘InSite’ newsletter and Annual Report.